Monday, January 12, 2009

making lemonade from lemons...

So my buddy Dave has been helping around the shop quite a bit lately. Ya, sure one of those Firebirds is his but still I felt bad that he's been working for free. Well about 2 months ago he bought one of those cheap Squire Tele's with the "Duncan Designed" P90s. I'd be lying if I didn't think it was a fantastic sounding guitar, 'specially for the under 2 bills price he picked it up for. The only real gripe he had was it was NOISY and had cheap, flimsy pots and switch.

So I decided I better repay his Kharma and help him work on that tele. Im not going to post before pictures, we all know what an Indonesian guitar looks like inside. No shielding, crappy pots ect ect.



After shielding the pickguard, rewired with good CST pots, .022 Orange Drops and a Push-Pull pot on the neck pup to reverse the phase.



Shielded cavities... Dave did a hell of a job on that part.



The finished patient!

No comments: