Monday, December 8, 2008

I guess its time to start this

Hello everyone! I figured I might as well start "blogging" my various projects and such. First a little back story- I've been playing guitar for the last 10 years. My main job is doing custom cabinetry in the family business (www.kauerkreations.com) so I don't know I didn't think of building guitars till the last couple years.

This is the first guitar I started actually 3 years ago... I still haven't finished it because I keep going off on other projects.



That's as far as that one has gotten... its chambered Walnut and Maple. Its got a Warmoth neck but I did everything else. Part of why I've been procrastinating on this guitar is I learned a lot of valuable lessons on it and maybe thats why I haven't completely finished it yet.

In the mean time I've done a few others:





So those were the first few I got done. All of them have Allparts or Warmoth necks but same routine, I cut the bodies from scratch, do the paint ect. I know that some view this as cheating but the way I look at it, I could barely buy the materials for that price.

Right now I have a few projects that are various stages of finishing... they have been derailed by my new obession but that will come up in a bit.


Telecustom body I cut... painted in Ice Metallic Blue.


This one is chambered African Mahogany with a maple cap. One of these days I'll get around to finishing both those...

But here's the main reason those projects have been put on hold. This has become my new building obession:


Now... the building process for these is much longer than I care to do in one post. Since I dont want to back track that much I just happen to have 8 more (not ALL for me I swear!) going right now and Im still near the start. Thats where I'll start blogging those!

So there are more projects floating around, I'll get to them eventually!

-doug

No comments: